Thursday, August 20, 2015

These Days Devotional for August 20

I wrote a week's worth of devotionals for the devotional guide These Days.  This week is when they are in the book, so I thought I would share them here as well.

Scripture: Jeremiah 1:4-10

We All Have a Part

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you”
Jeremiah1:5
In our baptism liturgy we name that we are called, claimed, and commissioned. Maybe we are also consecrated, set apart for a special task.
It is somewhat terrifying to think that God has a plan for us, to think that God has set us apart for a specific purpose. And so I think that like so many of those who are called by God there is a part of us that wants to find a reason why we can't respond, why we are the wrong person for the job.
But it is also wonderful to be reminded that we are a creature of the Creator, and that we have a purpose. The challenge is to discover that purpose and live it out.
Action Step: Look at your to do list for the day. How do those tasks allow you to live out who God has made you to be?
Creator, you formed and shaped me. Help me to hear your voice as I live out your call. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment