Monday, August 17, 2015

These Days Devotional for August 17

I wrote a week's worth of devotionals for the devotional guide These Days.  This week is when they are in the book, so I thought I would share them here as well.

Scripture: Matthew 25:31-45

When do we...?

And the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.’
Matthew 25:40
This is one of my favourite passages in all of Scripture. And also one of the most challenging. Life in service to Christ is about meeting the needs of the “least of these”. To live fully in God's presence, to live as one filled with the Holy Spirit means giving of what we have to feed and clothe and comfort. But we don't always do such a good job of that.
Then there is the shadow. When we ignore the needs of those around us we ignore Christ. Ouch.
The essence of Kingdom living is to share the love. The love of God appears and flows through us in many forms.
Action Step: Who are the “least of these” in your neighbourhood? Challenge yourself to find out more about their needs..
God, open my eyes to see the needs around me, open my heart to respond to those needs Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment